Beyond Psychological First Aid (Two-Part Training Activity)
Interested in gaining skills to support someone who has just experienced a traumatic event or natural disaster? Want to be prepared to calm someone after a crisis? Then join us for a two-part Beyond Psychological First Aid (PFA) learning event.
Part 1 is an asynchronous online learning course that you can complete on your schedule. Part 2 will be a live skill-building event where you will practice your skills and prepare for work in the field.
Designed for every community member and individual, PFA is an evidence-based intervention used worldwide to help adults find calm and re-regulate after a traumatic event so that they may be able to identify the immediate resources they need to support themselves and their families.
In this two part series you will....
- Understand the identity and ‘role’ of the trauma survivor and PFA interventionist and how to establish a human connection in a non-intrusive, compassionate manner.
- Learn how to enhance immediate and ongoing safety, and provide physical and emotional comfort.
- Increase the ability to help calm and orient emotionally overwhelmed/distraught survivors.
- Increase your ability to help survivors to articulate immediate needs and concerns and gather additional information as appropriate.
- Increase your ability to support resilience, acknowledge coping efforts and strengths, and empower survivors.
- Understand how to provide information that may help survivors cope with the psychological impact of disasters.
- Understand how to facilitate continuity in disaster response efforts by linking the survivor to another member of a disaster response team or to indigenous recovery systems, public-sector services, and organizations. Understand the identity and ‘role’ of the trauma survivor and PFA interventionist.
For additional informaiton, please see attached flyer.
PART 1: GET PREPARED
Self-guided online learning module - released and sent to you JULY 1st
Virtual training - July 14, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Target audience: All interested partners and community members
To register, please click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/two-part-training-activity-beyond-psycholog...