Supporting Older Teens: Access to Systems and Services
Join the Alliance for Children’s Rights on Wednesday, June 29 as panelists provide insight on some of the challenges older youth are currently facing when trying to access services.
Older teens experiencing abuse and neglect often face myriad difficulties when seeking and obtaining supports and services, falling into the cracks between systems designed for children and systems focused on adults. Led by panelists from Bay Area Legal Aid, California Coalition for Youth, and the Judicial Council of California, this webinar will outline:
- The challenges faced by older teens experiencing trauma at home;
- Available teen support options;
- An overview of the dependency court system, and why older teens may face difficulties in availing themselves of the supports and services of the child welfare system; and
- AB 748 (Chapter 682, Statutes of 2019), which addresses administrative hurdles older teens face when seeking child welfare system supports shortly before their 18th birthday;
- Practice tips for youth and their advocates to ensure that systems are responsive to the needs of youth approaching adulthood.
To register, please click here: https://www.caltrin.org/event/supporting-older-teens-access-to-systems-a...
Targeted to all audiences, child welfare, Direct service delivery skills