Child Protective Services (CPS)/Adult Protective Services (APS) Mandated Reporter
This 3 hour training is both an introductory and review class on the basic principles of Mandated Adult and Child Reporting. Laws governing Mandated Reporting for adults differ from those for children. In this training, attendees will learn specifics regarding suspected abuse or neglect of an adult. This training will cover who is a mandated reporter, responsibilities of a mandated reporter, confidentiality, types of abuse and neglect, how to make a report, cross reporting and jurisdiction based on the client’s residential placement, and the impact of elder abuse and child abuse. This training will also cover new initiatives affecting child protection services.
• Describe at least 3 types of abuse or neglect that commonly occur in the vulnerable adult population.
• Define the steps to make a report to APS.
• Demonstrate understanding of the role of an Adult Mandated Reporter.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the current law of Mandated Reporting.
• Identify the indicators of abuse.
• List the new initiatives in Child Welfare, such as Differential Response.
Target Audience: Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Department staff and contracted agencies.
Please call Learning Partnership at 408-792-3900.
Free training; register on line at sccLearn
This course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of CE for LCSW’s, LMFT’s, LPCCs and/or LEPs ,as required by the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences. The CA Association of Marriage and Family Therapist is the BBS recognized approval agency-Provider #131775.