Brazelton Touchpoints Approach (In Person Training)
Please join us for Brazelton Touchpoints, an evidence-based approach to building strong family-child relationships from before birth through age 5. Professionals who implement Touchpoints in their practice partner with families to lay the vital foundation for children’s early learning and healthy development.
Participants in this training learn how to:
1. Build partnerships with parents that promote family strengths
2. Observe and interpret with the family their child’s behavior
3. Talk with families about challenging topics such as child development concerns
4. Actively listen to families and solve problems together
5. Honor parents as the expert on their child
6. Use strength-based strategies to engage families in their child’s development
Target audience: All professionals who work with families of young children including early childhood educators, family educators, home visitors, pediatricians, nurses, mental health providers, early interventionists, child welfare workers, and other interested partners can benefit from learning Touchpoints!
To register, please click here: https://communityoflearning.first5kids.org
Registration and arrival is from 8:30 - 9:00 am. Training begins promptly at 9:00 am
Reflective Practice Sessions (participants must attend a minimum of 4 of 6 sessions)
The 6 Reflective Practice scheduled sessions will be Fridays 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Dates: 12/15/2023, 1/5/2024, 1/19/2024, 2/2/2024, 2/9/2024, 2/23/2024