Special Topics in Special Needs: Understanding Early Start and Working with Families
This is an excellent workshop for professionals interested in learning more about the Early Start Process, the transition to Special Education Services, and how they can best support families involved in these systems.
The first half will cover:
- Basic overview of the Early Start Program
- Basic overview of Special Education Programs
- Breakdown of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Similarities and Differences between each plan
- Foundational knowledge of steps in transition process
In the second half, participants will discover:
- Insights, tools, and methods to collaborate with families that have a child with a known or suspected disability
- Ways to understand and aid the parental grief process
- How to make use of community resources and PHP services
- How to best support parents who may have their own disabilities
- Ways to foster resiliency in these families and their young children.
To register, please go to the following links: