Santa Clara County Substance Use Prevention
Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Substance Use Prevention Services (SUPS) is offering its Spring 2019 “Certificate Of Prevention Competency” course. This course is designed to train health and human service professionals in the SAMHSA Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) for planning community based prevention programs.
1) Prevention 101 - Introduction to fundamental concepts of alcohol and other drugs, working definitions of substance use prevention, integration of behavioral health and substance abuse prevention and treatment.
2) Overview of drug use, prevention and addiction
3) Ethics and values in prevention
4) Skills development for community based prevention
5) Strategic prevention framework planning, implementation and evaluation.
Participants must attend the five workshop sessions in order to obtain a Certificate of Prevention Competency
Note: Please see attachement for more details
Please contact Alejandro Villalobos for any additional information at 408-794-0671; email@example.com
Target audience: All interested partners and other professionals
For more information contact: Alejandro Villalobos