Number Sense for Preschool Inclusion “Make and Take”
11/02/2017 - 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Santa Clara County Office Of Education - Gilroy Room-1st Floor South Building
1290 Ridder Park Dr.95131 San Jose , CA
See below for registration details.
In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn to adapt practical strategies and activities to support number sense for preschoolers with and without disabilities to use at home and at school.
- Learn that children possess and build mathematical competence from the first yearand keep on learning math skills throughout their preschool years.
- Learn that preschoolers have an intuitive understanding of numbers and operations
- Understand the importance of building on the preschooler’s natural interest and eagerness to learn about numbers and how adults provide support.
- Learn how to adapt simple number sense activities for all children, including those with special needs.
- Make 3 activities to support number sense for preschoolers, which can be adapted for different abilities. May include song, visual supports and hand-on math activities.