History Social Science: Sense of Time/Sense of Place
11/02/2019 - 8:30am to 12:00pm
11/02/2019 - 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Santa Clara County Office Of Education - Gilroy Room-1st Floor South Building
1290 Ridder Park Dr.95131 San Jose , CA
CEU Hours Qualifies for:
0 hours (CEU hours qualifies for annual CE requirements)
Friday, August 23, 2019
No seat limit.
8:30 a.m - 12:00 p.m. topics:
- Identify key concepts from the California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 3—History-Social Science domain, Sense of Time and Sense of Place.
- Explore the developmental continuum of civics and develop strategies that will guide instruction and learning.
- Discuss current research underlying the teaching strategies used to support the development of sense of time and sense of place.
- Practice using the California Preschool Learning Foundations and California Preschool Curriculum Framework to intentionally plan age- appropriate, developmentally appropriate, cultural and inclusive strategies that promote history-social science.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. topics:
- Discuss how history-social science pertains to how people live together in the social world.
- Explore and foster a healthy curiosity about the experiences of others.