Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ:3) & Questionnaires-Social Emotional (ASQ-SE-2)
This workshop focuses on how to administer and score both the ASQ and ASQ: SE, which are parent-completed screening tools designed for early identification of children ages 2 months through 5 years old who may be at risk of developmental and/or emotional difficulties. Developmental areas addressed by the ASQ include communication, gross motor, fine motor, problem solving, and personal-social.
Participants will learn:
• Definitions, purposes and benefits of screening
• Differences between screening and other types of assessment
• Screening in the context of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
• The concept behind and features of the ASQ
• Ways to most effectively administer the ASQ
• Methods for scoring the ASQ and interpreting ASQ scores
• Techniques for communicating screening results to families
• Considerations in conducting follow-up referrals & decision making
• How to score an ASQ and ASQ: S-E
Target audience: Public Health Nurses, FIRST 5 SCC staff at Family Resource Centers
Please note: Participants will also learn the referral process into Help Me Grow/KidConnections.
To register, please click here: https://communityoflearning.first5kids.org/
***This course meets the qualifications for 7 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs as required by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) approved Provider 97134.
***This course meets the qualifications for 7 Contact Hours of continuing education for Registered Nurses. Provided approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16629.