Adult Protective Services (APS)/Child Protective Services (CPS) Mandated Reporter
This 4-hours class is to familiarize staff with the philosophy, history, and laws regarding Mandated Adult abuse and Child Abuse Reporting in California. This will help participants understand the importance of being aware of adult and child protection issues, and how to comply with the Adult Abuse and Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting.
• Describe at least 3 types of abuse or neglect that commonly occur in the vulnerable adult population.
• Define the steps to make a report to APS.
• Demonstrate understanding of the role of an Adult Mandated Reporter.
• Learn the definitions of child abuse and how to make a distinction between child abuse, child neglect
and sexual abuse.
• Identify the physical signs and behavioral indicators of both children and caretakers that should raise
suspicion for possible child maltreatment.
Target Audience: Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Department staff and contracted agencies.
PowerPoint/Handouts: Please go to the following link to print your own copy:
Register on line at: sccLearn