Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors Third Edition (Virtual Training)
In the NEW 3rd Edition Online Program Acquisition Institute, participants will learn how to provide the curriculum directly to parents/families with children 0-5. This dynamic training will cover AP/OD best practices in the following topics:
- Popular education methodology and approach including adult learning methodology and facilitator skills
- Using culturally relevant activities to develop parent leadership
- Overview of curriculum and session formats
- Developing community partnerships and constructing a local resource kit, including using of local education and health data as discussion tools.
Program implementation strategies including start-up recommendations, parent recruitment, retention, and integrating the AP/OD program into the local partners’ organizational structures including:
- Creating a welcoming environment for parent training
- Strengths-based/asset-based perspective for working with parents and families
The goal is for all participants in the AP/OD Training Institute to strengthen their skills to work with families and be prepared and motivated to implement the AP/OD program in their local communities.
Training will be conducted in English
The online curriculum will be self-paced for a total of 17 hours over the course of the two weeks. Approximately half of the online Institute will be self-study. There are also live Zoom sessions where participants will interact with the cohort and the master trainers.
* Please note that in order to receive your facilitator certification it is required that you complete all self-learning assignments and participate in all of the live Zoom sessions. If you have any unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from participating in all 17 hours of the training, you will have 60 days to sign-up for another online institute to receive certification.
Target audience: FIRST 5 FRCs staff and volunteers
To register, please click here: https://communityoflearning.first5kids.org
In addition, please open the following link to complete the Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors' registration form to receive your certificate: https://forms.gle/TetafoARnBjMqrDn7